Fins Fins Fins

I know fins are good training tool, take some of the pressure off my sore rotator cuff, and do improve my kick after even a couple laps. But the Speedos I have feel really heavy. I'm small, and am looking for fins that won't weigh me down so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Parents
  • Masters swimmers love using fins, and I do agree that they can provide benefits to your overall swimming development. However, a few words of caution... 1) If you're going to purchase fins, I would recommend the shorter fins, as some of the others have suggested. Fins that adhere more to the shape of your foot will be better for strengthening purposes. All fins can have the potential of giving you ankle problems, but this is particularly noticeable with longer and larger fins. Furthermore, overuse of these type of fins can change the structure of your kick to your detriment. 2) Use fins only sparingly. Many swimmers love the speeds that they can achieve when they have their fins on, and they will start using fins as a crutch instead of as a tool. I would suggest limiting the time you spend with your fins.
  • Masters swimmers love using fins, and I do agree that they can provide benefits to your overall swimming development. However, a few words of caution... 1) If you're going to purchase fins, I would recommend the shorter fins, as some of the others have suggested. Fins that adhere more to the shape of your foot will be better for strengthening purposes. All fins can have the potential of giving you ankle problems, but this is particularly noticeable with longer and larger fins. Furthermore, overuse of these type of fins can change the structure of your kick to your detriment. 2) Use fins only sparingly. Many swimmers love the speeds that they can achieve when they have their fins on, and they will start using fins as a crutch instead of as a tool. I would suggest limiting the time you spend with your fins.
Children
No Data