overheating and sleep after evening practice

Former Member
Former Member
i've swam just about my entire life, however, i just started to encounter overheating after evening practice in the last few years. our practice generally ends at 830pm and i am home and in bed by 10pm. i can't use covers because i am radiating so much heat. i will then wake up maybe 3 hours later shivering and throw some blankets on then the cycle starts over. on the rare nights where heat isn't a problem, i will just randomly wake up around 1230am or so and stay awake for about half an hour before falling back asleep. (when i go home i don't eat anything (i eat before i swim) and i only have some water or maybe chocolate milk. i have about an hour before my wife and i go to bed and we just sit on the couch and watch some TV) has anyone had either of these problems? if so - what do you do?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    -i do about 200 yd warm down and i always take about a 10+ min luke warm shower. -i do have to sleep in a tech shirt because if i don't i swill sweat a HUGE puddle on my bed. -the pool water is 79-80 so it isnt a result of warm water -i've had my thyroid tested in the last couple of years - no problems here. - i feel like this after both hard and easy practices. i could understand if it was a test set or something similar.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    -i do about 200 yd warm down and i always take about a 10+ min luke warm shower. -i do have to sleep in a tech shirt because if i don't i swill sweat a HUGE puddle on my bed. -the pool water is 79-80 so it isnt a result of warm water -i've had my thyroid tested in the last couple of years - no problems here. - i feel like this after both hard and easy practices. i could understand if it was a test set or something similar.
Children
No Data