Any Tips For Dealing With Fogged Up Googles?

I have these anti-fog swim googles, but today they kept fogging up when I swam in the indoor pool. I tried some anti-fog solution, spit, and even resorted to using toothpaste and washing it out before I swam today. I tried to let some water in them to try to keep them from fogging up, that didn't work. Left them at the bottom of the pool for a while, that didn't work...let them sit out, that didn't work. Had to swim laps without them, which left my eyes smarting the rest of the day. My only other option would be to try dive mask anti-fog solution. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Parents
  • I agree with Baby Shampoo. I bring a small (2 oz., about 3" tall) spray bottle filled with a dilute solution of baby shampoo and water (about 1/3 shampoo, 2/3 water) to every workout. If my goggles are getting foggy, between sets I'll spritz a little of this solution onto the inside of the goggles, then very quickly dunk them in the water to wash out the excess. Like magic, no more fog! Actually, it's not magic. What is fog? It's little droplets of water, right? The soap emulsifies the little droplets; the soap + water solution forms a film on the interior surface of the goggles, so they're no longer foggy. The point of dunking the goggles very quickly is to avoid washing all the soap out. You want to leave a little soap in there. The point of using baby shampoo is so that your eyes aren't irritated by the remaining small amount of soap. Here is a link to the bottles I use. They are fairly inexpensive. I go through 3 or 4 every year, because they tend to get lost, stepped on, etc. One full bottle lasts for about a month of daily workouts. Enduring thanks to Masters World Record Holder Diann Uustal for this very useful trick!
  • I agree with Baby Shampoo. I bring a small (2 oz., about 3" tall) spray bottle filled with a dilute solution of baby shampoo and water (about 1/3 shampoo, 2/3 water) to every workout. If my goggles are getting foggy, between sets I'll spritz a little of this solution onto the inside of the goggles, then very quickly dunk them in the water to wash out the excess. Like magic, no more fog! Actually, it's not magic. What is fog? It's little droplets of water, right? The soap emulsifies the little droplets; the soap + water solution forms a film on the interior surface of the goggles, so they're no longer foggy. The point of dunking the goggles very quickly is to avoid washing all the soap out. You want to leave a little soap in there. The point of using baby shampoo is so that your eyes aren't irritated by the remaining small amount of soap. Here is a link to the bottles I use. They are fairly inexpensive. I go through 3 or 4 every year, because they tend to get lost, stepped on, etc. One full bottle lasts for about a month of daily workouts. Enduring thanks to Masters World Record Holder Diann Uustal for this very useful trick!
Children
No Data