Any Tips For Dealing With Fogged Up Googles?

I have these anti-fog swim googles, but today they kept fogging up when I swam in the indoor pool. I tried some anti-fog solution, spit, and even resorted to using toothpaste and washing it out before I swam today. I tried to let some water in them to try to keep them from fogging up, that didn't work. Left them at the bottom of the pool for a while, that didn't work...let them sit out, that didn't work. Had to swim laps without them, which left my eyes smarting the rest of the day. My only other option would be to try dive mask anti-fog solution. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Parents
  • I suggest baby NO TEARS shampoo if you're not going to rinse it out. But, in my experience...just keeping the insides of the goggles clean goes a long way toward keeping them from fogging up. The fog/moisture that forms inside the goggles adheres to proteins that are stuck to the inside of goggles. After just a few swims, that protein can build up from gunk in the water...body oils, lotions, hair conditioners, etc. Clean that gunk out with a mild soap and soft cloth and I find that alone usually keeps them fog-free. Dan
  • I suggest baby NO TEARS shampoo if you're not going to rinse it out. But, in my experience...just keeping the insides of the goggles clean goes a long way toward keeping them from fogging up. The fog/moisture that forms inside the goggles adheres to proteins that are stuck to the inside of goggles. After just a few swims, that protein can build up from gunk in the water...body oils, lotions, hair conditioners, etc. Clean that gunk out with a mild soap and soft cloth and I find that alone usually keeps them fog-free. Dan
Children
No Data