what to eat after evening practice

I saw the article just posted on the website about pre-and post-workout nutrition. I don't get home until 10 pm from practice, so I'm wondering if there any specific post-workout nutrition tips for those who workout in the evenings. I am hungry, but I don't want to eat too many calories before bed or eat anything that would interfere with sleep. Any suggestions of what to eat or avoid at this time of evening?
Parents
  • Protein, carbs, and water within about 30+ minutes, I've read. Muscles are most ready to utilize protein during that period after working out. I've used low fat chocolate milk, low fat Greek yogurt, and/or cereal with skim milk quite a bit, sometimes with fruit or berries. Almonds are a good source of protein too, but I'm not sure if they have the full range of amino acids found in animal protein or what difference that might make. A lean whole food high in protein, like - fish, chicken, pork, or lean beef should work well. Whole foods are generally regarded as a better source of protein than processed food, but in a pinch... Have veggies too, both for their nutrients and to promote alkaline blood pH, which apparently helps muscle growth especially later in life. Proteins are generally acidic, so I guess don't over do them. And have your :cake: and eat it too.
  • Protein, carbs, and water within about 30+ minutes, I've read. Muscles are most ready to utilize protein during that period after working out. I've used low fat chocolate milk, low fat Greek yogurt, and/or cereal with skim milk quite a bit, sometimes with fruit or berries. Almonds are a good source of protein too, but I'm not sure if they have the full range of amino acids found in animal protein or what difference that might make. A lean whole food high in protein, like - fish, chicken, pork, or lean beef should work well. Whole foods are generally regarded as a better source of protein than processed food, but in a pinch... Have veggies too, both for their nutrients and to promote alkaline blood pH, which apparently helps muscle growth especially later in life. Proteins are generally acidic, so I guess don't over do them. And have your :cake: and eat it too.
Children
No Data