what to eat after evening practice

I saw the article just posted on the website about pre-and post-workout nutrition. I don't get home until 10 pm from practice, so I'm wondering if there any specific post-workout nutrition tips for those who workout in the evenings. I am hungry, but I don't want to eat too many calories before bed or eat anything that would interfere with sleep. Any suggestions of what to eat or avoid at this time of evening?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I get back from my evening practice at about 10:30pm. I try to have a smoothie with milk, protein powder, peanut or almond butter, and a frozen banana which works out to about 700 calories. If you had a good practice I think you need the calories. Sometimes I am lazy and have just protein powder in milk.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I get back from my evening practice at about 10:30pm. I try to have a smoothie with milk, protein powder, peanut or almond butter, and a frozen banana which works out to about 700 calories. If you had a good practice I think you need the calories. Sometimes I am lazy and have just protein powder in milk.
Children
No Data