what to eat after evening practice

I saw the article just posted on the website about pre-and post-workout nutrition. I don't get home until 10 pm from practice, so I'm wondering if there any specific post-workout nutrition tips for those who workout in the evenings. I am hungry, but I don't want to eat too many calories before bed or eat anything that would interfere with sleep. Any suggestions of what to eat or avoid at this time of evening?
Parents
  • Thanks for the replies! Yes, I eat dinner beforehand. It sounds like I need to find a way to get more protein. I'm afraid the chocolate in milk would keep me wired. I want to get to sleep as soon as possible. I've been eating a bowl of cereal. Maybe I should pack a little plain milk to eat with something (for example, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some carrots) on my way home.
  • Thanks for the replies! Yes, I eat dinner beforehand. It sounds like I need to find a way to get more protein. I'm afraid the chocolate in milk would keep me wired. I want to get to sleep as soon as possible. I've been eating a bowl of cereal. Maybe I should pack a little plain milk to eat with something (for example, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some carrots) on my way home.
Children
No Data