what to eat after evening practice

I saw the article just posted on the website about pre-and post-workout nutrition. I don't get home until 10 pm from practice, so I'm wondering if there any specific post-workout nutrition tips for those who workout in the evenings. I am hungry, but I don't want to eat too many calories before bed or eat anything that would interfere with sleep. Any suggestions of what to eat or avoid at this time of evening?
Parents
  • A good topic--I have an evening practice from which I get home late also. Usually, I have some kind of protein bar right afterward (en route home), sometimes also a few pieces of cheese or a cup of soup when I'm home. This seems to work okay. I keep hearing about the benefits of chocolate milk, but I haven't tested that out. I don't drink much milk to begin with--some on my cereal in the morning, and a sip or two w/ my supplements before bedtime. (For some reason, they go down more comfortably w/ milk than with water.)
  • A good topic--I have an evening practice from which I get home late also. Usually, I have some kind of protein bar right afterward (en route home), sometimes also a few pieces of cheese or a cup of soup when I'm home. This seems to work okay. I keep hearing about the benefits of chocolate milk, but I haven't tested that out. I don't drink much milk to begin with--some on my cereal in the morning, and a sip or two w/ my supplements before bedtime. (For some reason, they go down more comfortably w/ milk than with water.)
Children
No Data