2015 One Hour (e)Postal Swim

It's that time again. Who's planning to do it? Who's done it? If you did, how far did you swim? www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
Parents
  • Thanks to all of you, she got out of the hospital yesterday. She can't lift anything over 10 lb for 2 wk. At 2 wk the surgeon will evaluate healing and see when she can swim. That's good news! Hopefully she'll be back in the water in a few weeks. Happy to report that I improved from my non-official hour swim from two weeks ago by 150 yards! Took mmlr38's advice and didn't stop once I got going. Had some water before warming up, then just before starting, and that seemed to do the trick. I did slow down toward the middle, but pushed myself somewhat toward the end, as the previous swim just seemed slower than I knew I was capable of doing. I'm not quoting either of the two totals--they're VERY modest by the standards of the swimmers on this forum. But progress is progress! :) :applaud: Well done! So glad to hear that you improved. And 150 yard improvement at that! That's very significant! Slowing down in the middle is fairly normal for me as well. Somewhere around the 2/3 mark of any swim I mentally fatigue and fall slightly off pace, but recover for the last 20% or so. Sounds like you experienced something similar. In any case, job very well done!
  • Thanks to all of you, she got out of the hospital yesterday. She can't lift anything over 10 lb for 2 wk. At 2 wk the surgeon will evaluate healing and see when she can swim. That's good news! Hopefully she'll be back in the water in a few weeks. Happy to report that I improved from my non-official hour swim from two weeks ago by 150 yards! Took mmlr38's advice and didn't stop once I got going. Had some water before warming up, then just before starting, and that seemed to do the trick. I did slow down toward the middle, but pushed myself somewhat toward the end, as the previous swim just seemed slower than I knew I was capable of doing. I'm not quoting either of the two totals--they're VERY modest by the standards of the swimmers on this forum. But progress is progress! :) :applaud: Well done! So glad to hear that you improved. And 150 yard improvement at that! That's very significant! Slowing down in the middle is fairly normal for me as well. Somewhere around the 2/3 mark of any swim I mentally fatigue and fall slightly off pace, but recover for the last 20% or so. Sounds like you experienced something similar. In any case, job very well done!
Children
No Data