Swimming after Shingles?

Hi, Does anyone have any experience / knowledge about returning to swimming after a case of Shingles? I'm a 53 year old female. Thank you!
Parents
  • Yes I do. Is the skin part recovered? No open sores? If all is closed, then you are ok to swim. Make sure to apply some skin moisturizer to keep skin from drying out too much & making you want to scratch - DO NOT SCRATCH!! Also - anyone over 60 can get a shingles shot to keep it from getting you again, I think I also read that it may have been lowered to 55. Check with your Doc. If you get this shot , I have been told to stay away from new born babies for a few months as they might be effected by the shot .
  • Yes I do. Is the skin part recovered? No open sores? If all is closed, then you are ok to swim. Make sure to apply some skin moisturizer to keep skin from drying out too much & making you want to scratch - DO NOT SCRATCH!! Also - anyone over 60 can get a shingles shot to keep it from getting you again, I think I also read that it may have been lowered to 55. Check with your Doc. If you get this shot , I have been told to stay away from new born babies for a few months as they might be effected by the shot .
Children
No Data