Will you reach your FLOG goal this year?

I am getting close to my goal of 500 miles for this year at 68 1/2 years old. Are you going to get to the goal you set last Jan. ? I have lost 13 pounds along the way.I'm still too fat, but working on it!
Parents
  • I've set a goal of 500 for the past 3-4 years and made it every year. So far I'm at 477 miles, so barring illness/injury, I should definitely make it. Rather early too. I usually cut it fairly close. Someone on my team and I chatted about this after workout this morning. He said he'd like to get to 600. I told him that if I really wanted to I certainly could. But it seems that vacations, biz travel, and then at least 1 illness/injury seem to get in the way. The gym pool is available nearly 24/7 (a bit more limited on weekends), but I really don't like swimming there. We also chatted about the merits of the whole FLOG/mileage goal in the first place. I said how it gives me motivation to get out of bed and swim, especially in the winter here. It can get chilly, and swimming outside on cold, dark mornings don't always sound good when you're in a nice warm bed. Very few people in my workout group swim in meets, yet most of us use the FLOG or some sort of mileage goals for motivation.
  • I've set a goal of 500 for the past 3-4 years and made it every year. So far I'm at 477 miles, so barring illness/injury, I should definitely make it. Rather early too. I usually cut it fairly close. Someone on my team and I chatted about this after workout this morning. He said he'd like to get to 600. I told him that if I really wanted to I certainly could. But it seems that vacations, biz travel, and then at least 1 illness/injury seem to get in the way. The gym pool is available nearly 24/7 (a bit more limited on weekends), but I really don't like swimming there. We also chatted about the merits of the whole FLOG/mileage goal in the first place. I said how it gives me motivation to get out of bed and swim, especially in the winter here. It can get chilly, and swimming outside on cold, dark mornings don't always sound good when you're in a nice warm bed. Very few people in my workout group swim in meets, yet most of us use the FLOG or some sort of mileage goals for motivation.
Children
No Data