What are the benefits of swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
I'm planning on swim classes this summer and I'd like to know how swimming will effect my body ..
Parents
  • Here's a 2012 article by Laura Jones on the benefits of swimming. www.usms.org/.../articledisplay.php The Physical Benefits of Swimming Lowers blood pressure Reduces bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol Aids in weight loss and weight maintenance Is easier on the joints than impact sports ... etc... The Mental Benefits of Swimming Enhances the connections between left and right hemispheres Prevents brain shrinkage Can help you make new brain cells Improves problem solving skills and memory ... etc ... The Emotional and Social Benefits of Swimming All different levels can exercise in the same pool at the same time There are toys such as kickboards and pull buoys and snorkels and fins to make a workout different and exciting and easier or harder as need be It’s just plain fun! ... etc ...
  • Here's a 2012 article by Laura Jones on the benefits of swimming. www.usms.org/.../articledisplay.php The Physical Benefits of Swimming Lowers blood pressure Reduces bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol Aids in weight loss and weight maintenance Is easier on the joints than impact sports ... etc... The Mental Benefits of Swimming Enhances the connections between left and right hemispheres Prevents brain shrinkage Can help you make new brain cells Improves problem solving skills and memory ... etc ... The Emotional and Social Benefits of Swimming All different levels can exercise in the same pool at the same time There are toys such as kickboards and pull buoys and snorkels and fins to make a workout different and exciting and easier or harder as need be It’s just plain fun! ... etc ...
Children
No Data