Does your team have a "pre-team"?

On our masters team , we have a pre-team to aid swimmers that are new to team swimming & all 4 strokes. We have them learn the correct strokes & the associated drills that they will use when they move up to the regular team practices. This seems to help a lot of new swimmers into the world of masters team swimming. They meet twice a week for how ever long it takes till the asst. coach says they are ready to move into the workouts of the "seasoned" swimmers. Do other teams have this to aid new masters swimmers work their way on the team without the fear of getting run over or not knowing drills?
Parents
  • I love, love, love this idea for so many reasons. We recently had our head coach quit so we're looking for a new one. I'd love to get with whomever our new coach will be (and our board) to think about this idea once s/he settles in a bit. We had quite a few swimmers in our group who fit this category and honestly, coach spent so much time on them and so little time on the "seasoned" swimmers that we never felt like we were getting any gains or tweaks to our skills. This would be a win-win for both types of swimmers. Love it!
  • I love, love, love this idea for so many reasons. We recently had our head coach quit so we're looking for a new one. I'd love to get with whomever our new coach will be (and our board) to think about this idea once s/he settles in a bit. We had quite a few swimmers in our group who fit this category and honestly, coach spent so much time on them and so little time on the "seasoned" swimmers that we never felt like we were getting any gains or tweaks to our skills. This would be a win-win for both types of swimmers. Love it!
Children
No Data