Ocean swimming in Nice

Will be visiting Nice for a few days in early October on my own. I love swimming in the ocean and would love to swim in the Mediterranean Sea while I'm there. Are there any particular beaches in or near Nice that are particularly clean, safe, and used by the locals for swim workouts? Thanks.
Parents
  • Not sure about beaches in Nice but I've swam in the Med just down the road in Antibes/Juan les Pins. Worked OK & just swam up/down the beach far enough out that I didn't interfere with anyone wading & not too far out to worry about boats. From memory I think the beach in Nice would be OK for that also. I've used a public pool in Antibes also (where Alain Bernard trained sometimes I believe) - very "interesting" dealing with French recreational swimmers.
  • Not sure about beaches in Nice but I've swam in the Med just down the road in Antibes/Juan les Pins. Worked OK & just swam up/down the beach far enough out that I didn't interfere with anyone wading & not too far out to worry about boats. From memory I think the beach in Nice would be OK for that also. I've used a public pool in Antibes also (where Alain Bernard trained sometimes I believe) - very "interesting" dealing with French recreational swimmers.
Children
No Data