Ocean swimming in Nice

Will be visiting Nice for a few days in early October on my own. I love swimming in the ocean and would love to swim in the Mediterranean Sea while I'm there. Are there any particular beaches in or near Nice that are particularly clean, safe, and used by the locals for swim workouts? Thanks.
  • sprry, no answer for you, but my mom was born there.
  • Will be visiting Nice for a few days in early October on my own. I love swimming in the ocean and would love to swim in the Mediterranean Sea while I'm there. Are there any particular beaches in or near Nice that are particularly clean, safe, and used by the locals for swim workouts? Thanks. When I went to Spain this summer I just google mapped / earthed the area near where I was staying in rota. It had to be within 20 coastal miles outside of where I stayed since my only source of transportation was a mountain bike:cool:. But I was really able to get a good idea of what to expect from the satellite view and could guess potential currents, boat traffic, etc. And obviously, if you see swimmers from images of an area you can definately assume it is swimmable. Here is the temperature averages for Oct There is also one for currents
  • Not sure about beaches in Nice but I've swam in the Med just down the road in Antibes/Juan les Pins. Worked OK & just swam up/down the beach far enough out that I didn't interfere with anyone wading & not too far out to worry about boats. From memory I think the beach in Nice would be OK for that also. I've used a public pool in Antibes also (where Alain Bernard trained sometimes I believe) - very "interesting" dealing with French recreational swimmers.