Masters Swimmer on Morning Swim Show

This was too cool not to share! www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../
Parents
  • Matt, You might have met HUBIE when we were up in Oregon City for the meet in March. Allen is right. HUBIE is one of the toughest and most resilient hombres I know! As you may recall, he set a WR that day too. There is a current commercial on now for Priceline that features William Shatner jumping off a building into a pool. The guy jumping is HUBIE!!! So, yes, another inspiration! I did see Hubie at the Oregon City meet and I saw his WR swim, but I never had the opportunity to meet him. I had interacted with you (Glenn) before on these forums, so I knew vaguely who you were and introduced myself. But I didn't know of Hubie at the time, so I wasn't watching for him. Hopefully I'll get another chance to meet him at a future meet. He sure does sound like an inspirational person! And thanks again for all of the kind words and well wishes. Every day things are getting better and better. I got in the water for the first time in 3+ weeks yesterday. I vertical kicked with a teammate for 45 minutes and then did some one-armed swimming. It was great to be back in the water. Hopefully in another month or so I'll be swimming with both arms again and working on regaining strength, range of motion and getting back to where I was before the accident!
  • Matt, You might have met HUBIE when we were up in Oregon City for the meet in March. Allen is right. HUBIE is one of the toughest and most resilient hombres I know! As you may recall, he set a WR that day too. There is a current commercial on now for Priceline that features William Shatner jumping off a building into a pool. The guy jumping is HUBIE!!! So, yes, another inspiration! I did see Hubie at the Oregon City meet and I saw his WR swim, but I never had the opportunity to meet him. I had interacted with you (Glenn) before on these forums, so I knew vaguely who you were and introduced myself. But I didn't know of Hubie at the time, so I wasn't watching for him. Hopefully I'll get another chance to meet him at a future meet. He sure does sound like an inspirational person! And thanks again for all of the kind words and well wishes. Every day things are getting better and better. I got in the water for the first time in 3+ weeks yesterday. I vertical kicked with a teammate for 45 minutes and then did some one-armed swimming. It was great to be back in the water. Hopefully in another month or so I'll be swimming with both arms again and working on regaining strength, range of motion and getting back to where I was before the accident!
Children
No Data