Masters Swimmer on Morning Swim Show

This was too cool not to share! www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../
Parents
  • Thanks Matt. I know you are having a tough time now, but you will recover and return to the pool. It's hard to miss a Nationals that you are prepped for...it is a real disappointment! No one knows that better than you right now. There is no one I know who has been swimming Masters for a long time that has not had to miss a big meet or Nationals because of a medical issue or some other emergency. It is a major league bummer! However, sometimes those disappointments can be a motivator. Look at the attitude that Amy Van Dyken has shown in the face of a pretty devastating injury. At some point maybe you can use your disappointment to make a beautiful recovery and a triumphant return to the pool! Hang in there!!!! Thanks for the very kind and uplifting words Glenn. Yes, I'm very disappointed right now. Put in tons of work and was ready to swim fast. Pretty sure I would have swam a personal best in every event. I was holding some really fast repeat times in my USRPT sets and was ready to see what I could do in the pool. I hope that I can recover at least to where I was before the accident. If not, that's OK too, so long as I can swim again, which I'm sure I will eventually. And yes, Amy Van Dyken's attitude sure is an inspiration in such cases, which most people have to go through at one time or another throughout their lives.
  • Thanks Matt. I know you are having a tough time now, but you will recover and return to the pool. It's hard to miss a Nationals that you are prepped for...it is a real disappointment! No one knows that better than you right now. There is no one I know who has been swimming Masters for a long time that has not had to miss a big meet or Nationals because of a medical issue or some other emergency. It is a major league bummer! However, sometimes those disappointments can be a motivator. Look at the attitude that Amy Van Dyken has shown in the face of a pretty devastating injury. At some point maybe you can use your disappointment to make a beautiful recovery and a triumphant return to the pool! Hang in there!!!! Thanks for the very kind and uplifting words Glenn. Yes, I'm very disappointed right now. Put in tons of work and was ready to swim fast. Pretty sure I would have swam a personal best in every event. I was holding some really fast repeat times in my USRPT sets and was ready to see what I could do in the pool. I hope that I can recover at least to where I was before the accident. If not, that's OK too, so long as I can swim again, which I'm sure I will eventually. And yes, Amy Van Dyken's attitude sure is an inspiration in such cases, which most people have to go through at one time or another throughout their lives.
Children
No Data