Nationals?

Who will be at Nationals this week? I'll be there Thursday through Sunday. Looking forward to meeting some of you in person! :) Julia
  • I will definitely try to be there earlier, maybe around 9 or 10 depending on whether I can get a swim in tomorrow morning. I'd love to meet you and Julia. When I got to the center on Thursday, the guy at the front desk sent me to the stands so it sounded like I couldn't get on deck, but if I can, I'll be there. If you pem me with your phone number, I'll text you. I would love to meet you and Julia. I was hoping to get there early. Will check the boards before I leave. Ok, this is what you do. ;) Come tomorrow looking like a swimmer in a t-shirt and shorts (no purse; bring a backpack or duffle bag) and don't say anything to the people at the desk. Just look like you know where you're going and that you expect them to let you in. If they say anything and point you to the stands as a spectator, head in that direction, but come back and go down the main stairs to the bottom level and enter through the locker room. If you look like a swimmer and blend in, nobody will ask questions. Most of the swimmers don't wear their credentials on deck anyway, because they have to swim! If you look like the rest of us, you'll be fine. (In other words, keep the dress and high heels in your closet tomorrow!) :D We're going to sleep in :bed:, but we'll head to the pool as soon as we're up and at 'em. I'll give you a call.
  • They're not checking badges; my husband has been on deck several times. Just come down to the deck level and enter through the women's locker room- no problem. Your husband entered the deck through the women's locker room?!
  • Nice meeting you today, Julia! Swimshark! Nice meeting you, too! :) I'm glad Jeff called you by your forum name ;) See you at the next meet!
  • Congratulations to my former teammate, Diann Uustal on her record-breaking 50 fly! She broke her own record with this awesome swim: http://youtu.be/U5n0_YgCNFA :applaud::cheerleader:
  • She broke her own record ... The World Record progression will now be, UUSTAL Diann USA 35.42 05-08-2011 ... @ 2011 USMS LCM nats, at age FINA 65 UUSTAL Diann USA 34.56 08-06-2013 ... @ 2013 Pan Am Masters Champs, at age FINA 67 UUSTAL Diann USA 34.09 17-08-2014 ... @ 2014 USMS LCM nats, at age FINA 68! The water does not know your age!
  • Swimshark! Nice meeting you, too! :) I'm glad Jeff called you by your forum name ;) See you at the next meet! We should all register as our forum names for one meet. heehee
  • We should all register as our forum names for one meet. heehee If you do that, please make sure it's NOT at a PV meet. You'll make my life miserable trying to process the meet if you're not entered with your name as it appears on your USMS registration card!
  • The World Record progression will now be, UUSTAL Diann USA 35.42 05-08-2011 ... @ 2011 USMS LCM nats, at age FINA 65 UUSTAL Diann USA 34.56 08-06-2013 ... @ 2013 Pan Am Masters Champs, at age FINA 67 UUSTAL Diann USA 34.09 17-08-2014 ... @ 2014 USMS LCM nats, at age FINA 68! The water does not know your age! :applaud::applaud::applaud:
  • preferred name field supersedes the first name field when the meet file is being created Well that sounds like a Club Assistant error we should ask Club Assistant to fix. if you'd rather be called by a shorter nickname in heat/psych sheets and results, please, please, please register for 2015 with your nickname This is a great solution. I know at meets I usually have about 20 people who change their first name (and some even try changing their team). Maybe the renewal e-mail sent to everyone could mention this. Jeff?? Sorry for hijacking the Nationals thread, back to your regular scheduled programming.
  • If you do that, please make sure it's NOT at a PV meet. You'll make my life miserable trying to process the meet if you're not entered with your name as it appears on your USMS registration card! Okay, Mollie, I'll mess up someone else's processing :)