Nationals?

Who will be at Nationals this week? I'll be there Thursday through Sunday. Looking forward to meeting some of you in person! :) Julia
Parents
  • Yowza! That femur fracture sounds painful and very frustrating too. I can at least still walk (and ride stationary bike, but I've only walked so far), so that's helping keep me somewhat sane. I can't imagine having a leg injury that would also prevent me from walking or doing anything with my leg. I'd probably lose my mind! And then I let my mind wander and started wondering if I'll actually be able to make a full recovery or if I might have a permanently limited range of motion or some other limiting damage that would be very long term or permanent. I know I shouldn't think about such things, as only time will tell what will happen. It's just scary at this point because I really can't lift my arm much. I've been lucky with no serious injuries before this for 64+ years, so the inability to walk was a huge jolt; lots of people have far worse problems and that's what I keep telling myself - suck it up. Bones heal slowly, but the good news is they do heal pretty much completely with time. Keep up the PT - I've made great strides from PT recovering knee, quads, and shoulder range of motion and you should be able to too - steady progress each week more mobility and strength. Good luck at Nationals all.
  • Yowza! That femur fracture sounds painful and very frustrating too. I can at least still walk (and ride stationary bike, but I've only walked so far), so that's helping keep me somewhat sane. I can't imagine having a leg injury that would also prevent me from walking or doing anything with my leg. I'd probably lose my mind! And then I let my mind wander and started wondering if I'll actually be able to make a full recovery or if I might have a permanently limited range of motion or some other limiting damage that would be very long term or permanent. I know I shouldn't think about such things, as only time will tell what will happen. It's just scary at this point because I really can't lift my arm much. I've been lucky with no serious injuries before this for 64+ years, so the inability to walk was a huge jolt; lots of people have far worse problems and that's what I keep telling myself - suck it up. Bones heal slowly, but the good news is they do heal pretty much completely with time. Keep up the PT - I've made great strides from PT recovering knee, quads, and shoulder range of motion and you should be able to too - steady progress each week more mobility and strength. Good luck at Nationals all.
Children
No Data