Nationals?

Who will be at Nationals this week? I'll be there Thursday through Sunday. Looking forward to meeting some of you in person! :) Julia
Parents
  • Yowza! That femur fracture sounds painful and very frustrating too. I can at least still walk (and ride stationary bike, but I've only walked so far), so that's helping keep me somewhat sane. I can't imagine having a leg injury that would also prevent me from walking or doing anything with my leg. I'd probably lose my mind! I have to admit though that yesterday was my lowest day yet since the wreck. I think it's because I was supposed to be swimming the 1500m free yesterday in Maryland. I was seeded first in my age group (M35-39) and had a good chance of repeating as national champion (won the 1500, 800 and 400 in Mission Viejo last August). I was so sad to not have that opportunity. And then I let my mind wander and started wondering if I'll actually be able to make a full recovery or if I might have a permanently limited range of motion or some other limiting damage that would be very long term or permanent. I know I shouldn't think about such things, as only time will tell what will happen. It's just scary at this point because I really can't lift my arm much. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread will all of this sad stuff! I hope people who are there are having fun and meeting lots of nice people. I'm sure they are, as that's what I've come to learn happens at every USMS event. I am sorry about your injury,frustration and worry. I wish you a speedy, complete recovery.
  • Yowza! That femur fracture sounds painful and very frustrating too. I can at least still walk (and ride stationary bike, but I've only walked so far), so that's helping keep me somewhat sane. I can't imagine having a leg injury that would also prevent me from walking or doing anything with my leg. I'd probably lose my mind! I have to admit though that yesterday was my lowest day yet since the wreck. I think it's because I was supposed to be swimming the 1500m free yesterday in Maryland. I was seeded first in my age group (M35-39) and had a good chance of repeating as national champion (won the 1500, 800 and 400 in Mission Viejo last August). I was so sad to not have that opportunity. And then I let my mind wander and started wondering if I'll actually be able to make a full recovery or if I might have a permanently limited range of motion or some other limiting damage that would be very long term or permanent. I know I shouldn't think about such things, as only time will tell what will happen. It's just scary at this point because I really can't lift my arm much. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread will all of this sad stuff! I hope people who are there are having fun and meeting lots of nice people. I'm sure they are, as that's what I've come to learn happens at every USMS event. I am sorry about your injury,frustration and worry. I wish you a speedy, complete recovery.
Children
No Data