Nationals?

Who will be at Nationals this week? I'll be there Thursday through Sunday. Looking forward to meeting some of you in person! :) Julia
Parents
  • Wow mmlr38 - thought I had it bad with a spiral fractured femur from a nasty cycling crash 5/23 that blew up the summer and any chances of Montreal and Md LCM Nationals. Frustrating, I know. Hope you heal quickly. Yowza! That femur fracture sounds painful and very frustrating too. I can at least still walk (and ride stationary bike, but I've only walked so far), so that's helping keep me somewhat sane. I can't imagine having a leg injury that would also prevent me from walking or doing anything with my leg. I'd probably lose my mind! I have to admit though that yesterday was my lowest day yet since the wreck. I think it's because I was supposed to be swimming the 1500m free yesterday in Maryland. I was seeded first in my age group (M35-39) and had a good chance of repeating as national champion (won the 1500, 800 and 400 in Mission Viejo last August). I was so sad to not have that opportunity. And then I let my mind wander and started wondering if I'll actually be able to make a full recovery or if I might have a permanently limited range of motion or some other limiting damage that would be very long term or permanent. I know I shouldn't think about such things, as only time will tell what will happen. It's just scary at this point because I really can't lift my arm much. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread will all of this sad stuff! I hope people who are there are having fun and meeting lots of nice people. I'm sure they are, as that's what I've come to learn happens at every USMS event.
  • Wow mmlr38 - thought I had it bad with a spiral fractured femur from a nasty cycling crash 5/23 that blew up the summer and any chances of Montreal and Md LCM Nationals. Frustrating, I know. Hope you heal quickly. Yowza! That femur fracture sounds painful and very frustrating too. I can at least still walk (and ride stationary bike, but I've only walked so far), so that's helping keep me somewhat sane. I can't imagine having a leg injury that would also prevent me from walking or doing anything with my leg. I'd probably lose my mind! I have to admit though that yesterday was my lowest day yet since the wreck. I think it's because I was supposed to be swimming the 1500m free yesterday in Maryland. I was seeded first in my age group (M35-39) and had a good chance of repeating as national champion (won the 1500, 800 and 400 in Mission Viejo last August). I was so sad to not have that opportunity. And then I let my mind wander and started wondering if I'll actually be able to make a full recovery or if I might have a permanently limited range of motion or some other limiting damage that would be very long term or permanent. I know I shouldn't think about such things, as only time will tell what will happen. It's just scary at this point because I really can't lift my arm much. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread will all of this sad stuff! I hope people who are there are having fun and meeting lots of nice people. I'm sure they are, as that's what I've come to learn happens at every USMS event.
Children
No Data