Tips for first meet?

Hello. I will be competing in my first swim meet (ever) at the end of the month. I'd appreciate any tips or advice on how to go in to it. I haven't selected my events (up to five, not counting relays) and have been warned it is a very quick meet. 8 a.m. to about 11a.m. My best stroke is ***, although I'm afraid of the big DQ in that event, since it seems to be such a problem for our kids. Anyway, I'm just feeling really excited, but nervous, and I don't swim with a team, so I'm all on my own and was happy to find these forums for support. So anything you have to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Parents
  • Thank you all for your input and for being so welcoming. The club where I swim (it's a fitness club and does not have a USMS club) has an adult swimming class that I attended this morning for the first time. The instructor was great and gave me some good tips for improving my stroke techniques. I've already made contact with the meet director, via email, and he has been very helpful and welcoming as well. So I feel good. Still hesitating about what events to enter, but narrowing it down. Thanks again and I welcome any more input, of course!
  • Thank you all for your input and for being so welcoming. The club where I swim (it's a fitness club and does not have a USMS club) has an adult swimming class that I attended this morning for the first time. The instructor was great and gave me some good tips for improving my stroke techniques. I've already made contact with the meet director, via email, and he has been very helpful and welcoming as well. So I feel good. Still hesitating about what events to enter, but narrowing it down. Thanks again and I welcome any more input, of course!
Children
No Data