Tips for first meet?

Hello. I will be competing in my first swim meet (ever) at the end of the month. I'd appreciate any tips or advice on how to go in to it. I haven't selected my events (up to five, not counting relays) and have been warned it is a very quick meet. 8 a.m. to about 11a.m. My best stroke is ***, although I'm afraid of the big DQ in that event, since it seems to be such a problem for our kids. Anyway, I'm just feeling really excited, but nervous, and I don't swim with a team, so I'm all on my own and was happy to find these forums for support. So anything you have to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Parents
  • I agree with Allen. Given that this is your first meet, and you will be going it alone, you'll need to make sure you don't take on too much. First meets/swims make a lasting impression and you want to leave with a positive feeling and a desire to go for more!
  • I agree with Allen. Given that this is your first meet, and you will be going it alone, you'll need to make sure you don't take on too much. First meets/swims make a lasting impression and you want to leave with a positive feeling and a desire to go for more!
Children
No Data