Tapering Question

In preparation for Nationals, I was planning a full 3 week taper that would have started today. However, my back had other ideas and I have been dry all week. :badday: I am hoping to be able to swim tomorrow. My question is... do I continue on my regular planned schedule, or do I revise? How much training have I lost? Last good workout was last Friday. My focus events are the 100 and 200 Free. Right now I'm thinking that I should swim hard next week, and taper the 10 days preceding Nationals. :dunno:
Parents
  • How have your previous tapers gone? I think this is key. I've done one 3-week taper, and afterward decided never again. Made me feel like I wasn't doing anything, and truthfully the results were just so-so, no better than just an easy day or 2. My best swim meet performance was actually with absolutely no taper at all. I ran about 15 miles early in the morning, ate a huge breakfast, then went to the meet, dove in with absolutely no warm-up at all. I wouldn't recommend it, but it proved to me that the whole taper thing isn't worth getting excited over (for me at least).
  • How have your previous tapers gone? I think this is key. I've done one 3-week taper, and afterward decided never again. Made me feel like I wasn't doing anything, and truthfully the results were just so-so, no better than just an easy day or 2. My best swim meet performance was actually with absolutely no taper at all. I ran about 15 miles early in the morning, ate a huge breakfast, then went to the meet, dove in with absolutely no warm-up at all. I wouldn't recommend it, but it proved to me that the whole taper thing isn't worth getting excited over (for me at least).
Children
No Data