Tapering Question

In preparation for Nationals, I was planning a full 3 week taper that would have started today. However, my back had other ideas and I have been dry all week. :badday: I am hoping to be able to swim tomorrow. My question is... do I continue on my regular planned schedule, or do I revise? How much training have I lost? Last good workout was last Friday. My focus events are the 100 and 200 Free. Right now I'm thinking that I should swim hard next week, and taper the 10 days preceding Nationals. :dunno:
Parents
  • How have your previous tapers gone? I find that a 10-12 day taper produces good results for me, which includes 7-8 swim sessions. IMHO, if you have been training hard for a while, you really won't lose too much of that training due to being out of the water recently. Keep positive in the work that you have put into this event and don't push it too hard now and risk additional time out of the water.
  • How have your previous tapers gone? I find that a 10-12 day taper produces good results for me, which includes 7-8 swim sessions. IMHO, if you have been training hard for a while, you really won't lose too much of that training due to being out of the water recently. Keep positive in the work that you have put into this event and don't push it too hard now and risk additional time out of the water.
Children
No Data