Freestyle Stroke Critique

Welcome any feedback on my freestyle technique. The turn wasn't done very fast, I know I need to flip faster. www.youtube.com/watch The video is not the best quality, I'll try uploading a better version.
Parents
  • Thanks Julie and Knelson. Julia - the video was taken after a 5000 yard workout and in the midst of heavy training so it would fit into the fatigued category. It was probably done at about 75% effort. The splashing is definitely something I've heard in the past from several people. I'm trying to work on it. As for bilateral breathing I typically breath to both sides during warm up and easier free sets but if the set is supposed to be fast I generally breath to the right. Knelson - I'll try experimenting with when I start the kick off the turn, I imagine the ideal point would change depending on the length of the race. Head too high is also something I've heard many times before, it's actually improved quite a bit over the past two years but as you pointed out there's still work to be done.
  • Thanks Julie and Knelson. Julia - the video was taken after a 5000 yard workout and in the midst of heavy training so it would fit into the fatigued category. It was probably done at about 75% effort. The splashing is definitely something I've heard in the past from several people. I'm trying to work on it. As for bilateral breathing I typically breath to both sides during warm up and easier free sets but if the set is supposed to be fast I generally breath to the right. Knelson - I'll try experimenting with when I start the kick off the turn, I imagine the ideal point would change depending on the length of the race. Head too high is also something I've heard many times before, it's actually improved quite a bit over the past two years but as you pointed out there's still work to be done.
Children
No Data