Freestyle Stroke Critique

Welcome any feedback on my freestyle technique. The turn wasn't done very fast, I know I need to flip faster. www.youtube.com/watch The video is not the best quality, I'll try uploading a better version.
Parents
  • From the video clip here, you have a solid stroke technique - good kick, nice high elbows during the recovery, fairly efficient swimming. I am not sure if this clip was taken while you were rested - we generally like to analyze stroke technique both when the swimmer is rested and when the he/she is slightly more fatigued, as this is the point at which much of the weaker points of the stroke become more exaggerated. A few suggestions: --when you are entering the water with your right arm, you can clearly hear a splashing noise - that tells you that you don't have a clean entry on that side. -- I would suggest trying to develop more of an early vertical forearm to get a stronger catch. The first video in our article has a drill you can work on for this. www.swimspire.com/.../ -- You might want to consider bilateral breathing, if you don't already use it. Bilateral breathing is advantageous in a variety of ways, including maintaining balance and symmetry in your stroke. Good luck!
  • From the video clip here, you have a solid stroke technique - good kick, nice high elbows during the recovery, fairly efficient swimming. I am not sure if this clip was taken while you were rested - we generally like to analyze stroke technique both when the swimmer is rested and when the he/she is slightly more fatigued, as this is the point at which much of the weaker points of the stroke become more exaggerated. A few suggestions: --when you are entering the water with your right arm, you can clearly hear a splashing noise - that tells you that you don't have a clean entry on that side. -- I would suggest trying to develop more of an early vertical forearm to get a stronger catch. The first video in our article has a drill you can work on for this. www.swimspire.com/.../ -- You might want to consider bilateral breathing, if you don't already use it. Bilateral breathing is advantageous in a variety of ways, including maintaining balance and symmetry in your stroke. Good luck!
Children
No Data