Allergies and swimming

I've been having some bad allergy days that have kept me indoors and out of the pool and wanting nothing more than a nap. Do you find that swimming helps alleviate allergies? Please say yes.:bed:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I've been having some bad allergy days that have kept me indoors and out of the pool and wanting nothing more than a nap. Do you find that swimming helps alleviate allergies? Please say yes.:bed: Denise, I wish I can say yes. I haven't been swimming in 9 days! I'm losing it. Never had a summer cold before. Be careful. I just watched The Doctors and summer colds are worse than winter colds, lasting longer, and are often mistaken for allergies. You're smart staying out of the pool, I swam 10 miles the week I felt my allergies misbehaving. It's been really bad this last week. My skin is pinching and itching and I just can't get rid of this cold/sinus infection. I even wear noseclips, use the neti pot, drink tons of water and use Nasonex. Go figure. I'm going to try swimming indoors in our salt water pool and hope tomorrow I don't have a relapse. I wouldn't dare swim outside yet. It's very hot, humid and allergies are high.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I've been having some bad allergy days that have kept me indoors and out of the pool and wanting nothing more than a nap. Do you find that swimming helps alleviate allergies? Please say yes.:bed: Denise, I wish I can say yes. I haven't been swimming in 9 days! I'm losing it. Never had a summer cold before. Be careful. I just watched The Doctors and summer colds are worse than winter colds, lasting longer, and are often mistaken for allergies. You're smart staying out of the pool, I swam 10 miles the week I felt my allergies misbehaving. It's been really bad this last week. My skin is pinching and itching and I just can't get rid of this cold/sinus infection. I even wear noseclips, use the neti pot, drink tons of water and use Nasonex. Go figure. I'm going to try swimming indoors in our salt water pool and hope tomorrow I don't have a relapse. I wouldn't dare swim outside yet. It's very hot, humid and allergies are high.
Children
No Data