Abysmal at kickboard sets

:drowning: Yes, that's how I feel when there's any kickboard set. I know this kind of thing is good for me, but it's hair-tearing frustrating to do this. I know that there are techniques--kick from the hips, keep legs straight, etc. But even making my best effort at doing these things, I am beyond :frustrated: ... and it may be that as the frustration level rose, I tensed more and found it harder (telling self, "you idiot--others are doing this... why can't you?" which of course doesn't help, so I have to focus on my own workout). Well, mostly the others are wearing fins, so that helped me somewhat to know that it wasn't just me. So I'm thinking I'll order a pair, but first two questions: 1. If you can recommend any videos or offer any tips that would help, that would be great; 2. Those who use fins: which ones have worked best for you? Thanks for your suggestions. You could single-handedly save my kick. Is that not a good cause? ;)
Parents
  • Thanks for the suggestions, Ande--and thanks for both the suggestions and chuckles, everyone! What, Bass isn't good? Well, in fact, I have a bunch of beers I like, some favored by others, some not--Blue Moon, Sam Adams (lots of their brews), Victory--like the ambers, not much for the IPAs. Oh, and back to kicking (besides wanting to kick my kickboard)... Ande, I think I'll have my coach have a look when I get a chance. He's good at critiquing other aspects of my stroke, and that's helped a lot.
  • Thanks for the suggestions, Ande--and thanks for both the suggestions and chuckles, everyone! What, Bass isn't good? Well, in fact, I have a bunch of beers I like, some favored by others, some not--Blue Moon, Sam Adams (lots of their brews), Victory--like the ambers, not much for the IPAs. Oh, and back to kicking (besides wanting to kick my kickboard)... Ande, I think I'll have my coach have a look when I get a chance. He's good at critiquing other aspects of my stroke, and that's helped a lot.
Children
No Data