Swimcations: Thoughts? Past experiences? Recommendations?

I'm doing some long-range planning to save up for a swimcation. I'm looking for a good one in the Virgin Islands. I found a website for one in the BVIs that looks amazing, but I am curious if anyone has any input. Thanks!
Parents
  • My plan includes Nationals next May (or is it April?) in San Antonio. Very close to San Antonio (I grew up in Houston) is a little city called New Braunfels - they have amazing rapids, and have what looks to be possibly the best water park in the States: The Schlitterbahn. I think we're going to go to Nat's then spend 3-4 days in New Braunfels. Family coming too, as many of us who grew up in Houston now live across the continent, and we all have fond memories of holidays in New Braunfels. There is also a swim in St.Croix every year where the benefits go to the Sea Turtles - it's in October, I think, and the cool part is that even the non-swimmer family members could participate because there are 3 distances, and fins are permitted! Also, if you're seriously into the Open Water thing, you could go to Northern Europe - they have lots and lots of open water swim in the Netherlands, Belgium and thereabouts. Have fun! And let us know what you decide on!
  • My plan includes Nationals next May (or is it April?) in San Antonio. Very close to San Antonio (I grew up in Houston) is a little city called New Braunfels - they have amazing rapids, and have what looks to be possibly the best water park in the States: The Schlitterbahn. I think we're going to go to Nat's then spend 3-4 days in New Braunfels. Family coming too, as many of us who grew up in Houston now live across the continent, and we all have fond memories of holidays in New Braunfels. There is also a swim in St.Croix every year where the benefits go to the Sea Turtles - it's in October, I think, and the cool part is that even the non-swimmer family members could participate because there are 3 distances, and fins are permitted! Also, if you're seriously into the Open Water thing, you could go to Northern Europe - they have lots and lots of open water swim in the Netherlands, Belgium and thereabouts. Have fun! And let us know what you decide on!
Children
No Data