Flip turns

Former Member
Former Member
I am finally embracing the journey of making my entry/exit of the flags better. Just getting killed! One big question I'm unsure of b/c I have had coaches push both sides. Feet on wall with belly button facing the sky, push off and twist AFTER off the wall. Or slight turn mid flip, feet/belly button pointing to maybe 10 or 2 oclock and push off. Is there any definitive 'right' way? My coach now is on the belly button to sky mantra and I have to say my turns are snappier, but I'm struggling a ton to get rotated. If I'm belly to sky do I begin to twist while still on the wall? Thanks for any other tips. The breathing component of no breaths into and out of the wall is tough wow!
Parents
  • Breathing early out of a turn is certainly a problem.You want to be under the backwash turbulance that follows you.Not breathing into a turn is more complicated.Breathing generally slows people down a little and raising your head to get a big gulp of air before the turn will slow you down.Taking a smooth breath as you go into the turn is preferable to coming up too soon off the wall.
  • Breathing early out of a turn is certainly a problem.You want to be under the backwash turbulance that follows you.Not breathing into a turn is more complicated.Breathing generally slows people down a little and raising your head to get a big gulp of air before the turn will slow you down.Taking a smooth breath as you go into the turn is preferable to coming up too soon off the wall.
Children
No Data