why masters swimming is so great!

i get out of a great race in the 200 free. sitting on the concrete of the ramp by the statue. a guy walks up and asks my name. yep im that person. i'm ....we used to swim against each other...38 years ago serious flashbacks to being 9. yes single digit age. had not seen him since the late 70s. really cant get much better than that!!!! steve
Parents
  • Thanks, orca1946. I am working with one of my teachers to get over my deep water phobia, and I can feel my confidence growing. The Masters here are assigned lanes at the whim of the county rec department, and they're not allowed to coach in any but those lanes. So that's the difficulty. If I want to swim with them, I just have to dive in. Fortunately, the group I found uses mostly shallow lanes, so it's a place for me to get started as I gain confidence and skill. Which is all that I was looking for. My apologies to everyone if my initial post was grumpy.
  • Thanks, orca1946. I am working with one of my teachers to get over my deep water phobia, and I can feel my confidence growing. The Masters here are assigned lanes at the whim of the county rec department, and they're not allowed to coach in any but those lanes. So that's the difficulty. If I want to swim with them, I just have to dive in. Fortunately, the group I found uses mostly shallow lanes, so it's a place for me to get started as I gain confidence and skill. Which is all that I was looking for. My apologies to everyone if my initial post was grumpy.
Children
No Data