why masters swimming is so great!

i get out of a great race in the 200 free. sitting on the concrete of the ramp by the statue. a guy walks up and asks my name. yep im that person. i'm ....we used to swim against each other...38 years ago serious flashbacks to being 9. yes single digit age. had not seen him since the late 70s. really cant get much better than that!!!! steve
Parents
  • The thing is, most teams just don't have an "all-shallow" option for their workouts. Most older, smaller pools like the one my team uses have a shallow end and a deep end. Crosswise is not even an option. The one pool I swam in with this as an option was the pool at Northwestern (50Mx25yd pool). Even during long course season, once the school teams were out of the water, they flipped the pool around so as to accommodate as many swimmers as possible. There was a deep end (3m & 5m platforms, 1m & 3m springboard) www.fitrec.northwestern.edu/.../swimmingpool.jpg and a shallow end (about 4ft deep as I recall). The masters team often practiced in the deep end, but you could always move to shallower water (and practice was often moved more in the direction of the shallower end of the pool when the divers were practicing). I don't know if you can find a team in your area with such a setup, but it might be worth checking around.
  • The thing is, most teams just don't have an "all-shallow" option for their workouts. Most older, smaller pools like the one my team uses have a shallow end and a deep end. Crosswise is not even an option. The one pool I swam in with this as an option was the pool at Northwestern (50Mx25yd pool). Even during long course season, once the school teams were out of the water, they flipped the pool around so as to accommodate as many swimmers as possible. There was a deep end (3m & 5m platforms, 1m & 3m springboard) www.fitrec.northwestern.edu/.../swimmingpool.jpg and a shallow end (about 4ft deep as I recall). The masters team often practiced in the deep end, but you could always move to shallower water (and practice was often moved more in the direction of the shallower end of the pool when the divers were practicing). I don't know if you can find a team in your area with such a setup, but it might be worth checking around.
Children
No Data