Nationals: direct streaming of events

I know that the streaming feed is a minimal way of showing the events, but it would certainly help those of us trying to watch particular swimmers if there were a way to actually show the heat numbers. In some past nationals it was possible to hear the meet announcer, but there is too much audience noise on this meet's feed to hear the announcer. Any suggestions on how to deal with this issue and to make the feed a little more useful?
Parents
  • On top of that, the available bandwidth out here could be better, so we have to limit the resolution we broadcast at, which hurts the image quality. Yes, I too was a little disappointed by the live streaming. A superimposed scoreboard would be very helpful. Some commentary on bandwidth: I have a friend who has been in the software industry for 25+ years. Last year he told me that he can get faster internet in his buddy's hunting cabin in northern Norway than he can at his home or office in Silicon Valley, something like 20x faster actually. I'm not making this up. Internet in the US $uc%$. My brother-in-law visits from Shanghai and can't believe how primitive we are here. I wish we wouldn't keep getting fed a bill of goods about what an advanced technological society we have. Ok rant off.
  • On top of that, the available bandwidth out here could be better, so we have to limit the resolution we broadcast at, which hurts the image quality. Yes, I too was a little disappointed by the live streaming. A superimposed scoreboard would be very helpful. Some commentary on bandwidth: I have a friend who has been in the software industry for 25+ years. Last year he told me that he can get faster internet in his buddy's hunting cabin in northern Norway than he can at his home or office in Silicon Valley, something like 20x faster actually. I'm not making this up. Internet in the US $uc%$. My brother-in-law visits from Shanghai and can't believe how primitive we are here. I wish we wouldn't keep getting fed a bill of goods about what an advanced technological society we have. Ok rant off.
Children
No Data