Stroke analysis in Bay Area CA

Former Member
Former Member
I am a newbie to this Forum. I am wondering if anyone has insight into facilities that do comprehensive stroke analysis, and formulate a great dry land and pool training program in the Bay Area of CA? I live in the Santa Cruz area, but can drive anywhere within reason. I am hoping to start training for amateur competitions, but want to really do it right from the beginning. I'm planning on spending this year working on technique and conditioning. My background is in many sports, but marathon ing most recently, until a knee condition and surgery put that on the back burner of life. Any insight or referrals are much appreciated.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    So I went to my local chapter of Masters Swimming, excited to meet the coaches, and hopefully get into a good program for learning technique and sharpening my skills. I had emailed the coach ahead of time. Letting him know that I was coming to observe a session and meet him and such. So he knew I was coming. I was so dissapointed when I got there. He and another younger female"coach", were not very warm with welcomes, and he jumbled through what their program was, and didnt ask me a single question about what I was looking for, or why I joined. The female coach, or whatever she was didnt even acknowledge me, and she passed by me three times texting on her phone without so much as a smile. Their training session was a bunch of stuff scribbled on a board, and while the club members swam, the lady continued to text on her phone, while the male coach went and worked out on his own. I left after 15 minutes. Unwelcoming, uninspiring, and not what I was hoping for. Guess I need to hire private trainer or coach. Bummed. The pool was nice. That's about all I can say.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    So I went to my local chapter of Masters Swimming, excited to meet the coaches, and hopefully get into a good program for learning technique and sharpening my skills. I had emailed the coach ahead of time. Letting him know that I was coming to observe a session and meet him and such. So he knew I was coming. I was so dissapointed when I got there. He and another younger female"coach", were not very warm with welcomes, and he jumbled through what their program was, and didnt ask me a single question about what I was looking for, or why I joined. The female coach, or whatever she was didnt even acknowledge me, and she passed by me three times texting on her phone without so much as a smile. Their training session was a bunch of stuff scribbled on a board, and while the club members swam, the lady continued to text on her phone, while the male coach went and worked out on his own. I left after 15 minutes. Unwelcoming, uninspiring, and not what I was hoping for. Guess I need to hire private trainer or coach. Bummed. The pool was nice. That's about all I can say.
Children
No Data