Stroke analysis in Bay Area CA

Former Member
Former Member
I am a newbie to this Forum. I am wondering if anyone has insight into facilities that do comprehensive stroke analysis, and formulate a great dry land and pool training program in the Bay Area of CA? I live in the Santa Cruz area, but can drive anywhere within reason. I am hoping to start training for amateur competitions, but want to really do it right from the beginning. I'm planning on spending this year working on technique and conditioning. My background is in many sports, but marathon ing most recently, until a knee condition and surgery put that on the back burner of life. Any insight or referrals are much appreciated.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I suggest you try to find a Masters team to train with. You'll find that a lot of them have coaches on deck who can help you with stroke correction. To find a program in your area: 1) go to usms.org 2) move your mouse over the red "Local Programs" tab 3) select "Places to Swim" 4) enter your zip code and search You are lucky to live in an area with a lot of good Masters teams and an abundance of nice facilities. Good luck and welcome to Masters Swimming! Anna Lea Matysek Thanks! I have been trying to join up with our Santa Cruz chapter. Just having online sign up issues, but thank you for the reply. I am looking forward to building my skills. Yes, we have alot of great facilities here. I swim in a very nice pool, though not olypic size, it is 25ft and I can still get a good workout. Thanks again!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I suggest you try to find a Masters team to train with. You'll find that a lot of them have coaches on deck who can help you with stroke correction. To find a program in your area: 1) go to usms.org 2) move your mouse over the red "Local Programs" tab 3) select "Places to Swim" 4) enter your zip code and search You are lucky to live in an area with a lot of good Masters teams and an abundance of nice facilities. Good luck and welcome to Masters Swimming! Anna Lea Matysek Thanks! I have been trying to join up with our Santa Cruz chapter. Just having online sign up issues, but thank you for the reply. I am looking forward to building my skills. Yes, we have alot of great facilities here. I swim in a very nice pool, though not olypic size, it is 25ft and I can still get a good workout. Thanks again!
Children
No Data