New Omega Backstroke Start Device

Former Member
Former Member
Wow, this is cool! A "starting wedge" for backstrokers. Looks like it's approved by FINA; it's on their YouTube page. How to use the backstroke foot ledge: - At the start, the toes of both feet must be in contact with the end wall or face of the touchpad. Bending the toes over the top of the touchpad is prohibited. - The ledge may be adjustable to 4 cm above or 4 cm below the water level. www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • just for the heck of it i emailed "Colorado Timing" to see if they had any "ledge/wedge" in the works. to my amazement they got back to me and the response was: "We anticipate our first run of product to be available later in September, but will begin taking pre-orders at the American Swimming Coaches Association World Clinic in a couple of weeks" they sent me a MOV file of the device in use (that i could not upload to the forums):bouncing: and it looks very easy to use and retracts automatically. i can't wait !
  • just for the heck of it i emailed "Colorado Timing" to see if they had any "ledge/wedge" in the works. to my amazement they got back to me and the response was: "We anticipate our first run of product to be available later in September, but will begin taking pre-orders at the American Swimming Coaches Association World Clinic in a couple of weeks" they sent me a MOV file of the device in use (that i could not upload to the forums):bouncing: and it looks very easy to use and retracts automatically. i can't wait !
Children
No Data