Fly Kick vs. Free Kick

I decided to get back into swimming after not swimming seriously for 30 years. Right now, I'm trying to figure out where my weaknesses are, time-wise, but my times don't make sense to me. Freestyle and backstroke have always been my fastest strokes. Butterfly has always been my weakest and *** stroke my slowest. I'm not concerned about my *** stroke right now but today, I discovered that my fly kick is significantly faster than my freestyle kick - like by 8 seconds in 25yds. I find this very weird, especially considering that I'm pigeon toed, making it impossible for me to keep my feet together during the fly kick. I would think that at the very least, my freestyle kick would be as fast as my fly, but not slower. Is this normal? I think there's something seriously wrong with my flutter and whatever is wrong, it's not related to drag (I've already ruled out drag).
Parents
  • I decided to get back into swimming after not swimming seriously for 30 years. Right now, I'm trying to figure out where my weaknesses are, time-wise, but my times don't make sense to me. Freestyle and backstroke have always been my fastest strokes. Butterfly has always been my weakest and *** stroke my slowest. I'm not concerned about my *** stroke right now but today, I discovered that my fly kick is significantly faster than my freestyle kick - like by 8 seconds in 25yds. I find this very weird, especially considering that I'm pigeon toed, making it impossible for me to keep my feet together during the fly kick. I would think that at the very least, my freestyle kick would be as fast as my fly, but not slower. Is this normal? I think there's something seriously wrong with my flutter and whatever is wrong, it's not related to drag (I've already ruled out drag). you asked "Is this normal?" Yes sort of. My fly kick is slightly faster than my flutter kick. but not 8 seconds faster, "I wish." I suggest testing each way of kicking with with a 25 AFAP IE do a 25 SDK AFAP for time then rest 3 or 4 minutes then do a 25 SFK AFAP SDK = Streamline Dolphin Kick SFK = Streamline Flutter Kick Consider "Help My Flutter Kick is Horrible"
  • I decided to get back into swimming after not swimming seriously for 30 years. Right now, I'm trying to figure out where my weaknesses are, time-wise, but my times don't make sense to me. Freestyle and backstroke have always been my fastest strokes. Butterfly has always been my weakest and *** stroke my slowest. I'm not concerned about my *** stroke right now but today, I discovered that my fly kick is significantly faster than my freestyle kick - like by 8 seconds in 25yds. I find this very weird, especially considering that I'm pigeon toed, making it impossible for me to keep my feet together during the fly kick. I would think that at the very least, my freestyle kick would be as fast as my fly, but not slower. Is this normal? I think there's something seriously wrong with my flutter and whatever is wrong, it's not related to drag (I've already ruled out drag). you asked "Is this normal?" Yes sort of. My fly kick is slightly faster than my flutter kick. but not 8 seconds faster, "I wish." I suggest testing each way of kicking with with a 25 AFAP IE do a 25 SDK AFAP for time then rest 3 or 4 minutes then do a 25 SFK AFAP SDK = Streamline Dolphin Kick SFK = Streamline Flutter Kick Consider "Help My Flutter Kick is Horrible"
Children
No Data