Fly Kick vs. Free Kick

I decided to get back into swimming after not swimming seriously for 30 years. Right now, I'm trying to figure out where my weaknesses are, time-wise, but my times don't make sense to me. Freestyle and backstroke have always been my fastest strokes. Butterfly has always been my weakest and *** stroke my slowest. I'm not concerned about my *** stroke right now but today, I discovered that my fly kick is significantly faster than my freestyle kick - like by 8 seconds in 25yds. I find this very weird, especially considering that I'm pigeon toed, making it impossible for me to keep my feet together during the fly kick. I would think that at the very least, my freestyle kick would be as fast as my fly, but not slower. Is this normal? I think there's something seriously wrong with my flutter and whatever is wrong, it's not related to drag (I've already ruled out drag).
Parents
  • When I coached HS swimmers- a kid would walk to me & ask what stroke they should work on - I would look down at the feet. Pigeon toed is good for fly, back & free cuz that is the way your body is already bulit, which will make learning breaststroke more of a challenge.
  • When I coached HS swimmers- a kid would walk to me & ask what stroke they should work on - I would look down at the feet. Pigeon toed is good for fly, back & free cuz that is the way your body is already bulit, which will make learning breaststroke more of a challenge.
Children
No Data