training for long course in a short course pool

I'm thinking of competing at Long Course Nationals this summer, and I don't have access to a long course pool. Is there are way to train for long course when you only have access to a 25 yard pool?
Parents
  • I've never drastically altered my training regimen when I've only been able to swim SCY and I've had fine performances doing it that way. Personally, I find turning around without pushing off to be too disruptive to my pace. Reversing directions without pushing off the wall doesn't mimic LCM. I need a few short strokes to get going from a dead stop, as opposed to the DPS needed in LCM. Maybe Allen can clarify on his techniques :) (Well, I see Allen put in a response as I typed this up. Accelerating from a dead stop is more like OW when you're running into people and having to adjust.) I do recommend anything DPS when prepping for LCM. Lengthen out those strokes!
  • I've never drastically altered my training regimen when I've only been able to swim SCY and I've had fine performances doing it that way. Personally, I find turning around without pushing off to be too disruptive to my pace. Reversing directions without pushing off the wall doesn't mimic LCM. I need a few short strokes to get going from a dead stop, as opposed to the DPS needed in LCM. Maybe Allen can clarify on his techniques :) (Well, I see Allen put in a response as I typed this up. Accelerating from a dead stop is more like OW when you're running into people and having to adjust.) I do recommend anything DPS when prepping for LCM. Lengthen out those strokes!
Children
No Data