Phelps comeback confirmed

Former Member
Former Member
Phelps is planning on swimming at the mesa grand prix in 2 weeks: swimswam.com/.../ Speculation he is swimming 50 and 100s.
Parents
  • I think that USAS was right to give him a 6 mo suspension.He screwed up and needs to get his life in order.If they did nothing it would be like they were condoning his behavior.I wonder if suspension from Worlds isn't to much as it is well beyond 6 mo.(I also don't think they should have chosen the team this early,but that is another story.) He checked himself into rehab.Maybe that was a publicity decision or on the advise of his attorney,but maybe he is sincere.Maybe he does have a drinking problem and is willing to work on it. If I see a patient with 2 DUIs I'm thinking "alcoholic until proved otherwise." Maybe this will be a positive turning point for him.
  • I think that USAS was right to give him a 6 mo suspension.He screwed up and needs to get his life in order.If they did nothing it would be like they were condoning his behavior.I wonder if suspension from Worlds isn't to much as it is well beyond 6 mo.(I also don't think they should have chosen the team this early,but that is another story.) He checked himself into rehab.Maybe that was a publicity decision or on the advise of his attorney,but maybe he is sincere.Maybe he does have a drinking problem and is willing to work on it. If I see a patient with 2 DUIs I'm thinking "alcoholic until proved otherwise." Maybe this will be a positive turning point for him.
Children
No Data