Phelps comeback confirmed

Former Member
Former Member
Phelps is planning on swimming at the mesa grand prix in 2 weeks: swimswam.com/.../ Speculation he is swimming 50 and 100s.
Parents
  • Michael is paid to represent USAS and various companies. If they don't want to be represented by someone willing to drive drunk, that is commendable. Michael seems to be readily accepting his consequences - which is about all he can do at this point. Yes, I think that's the crux of it. It would seem pretty lame for USMS to "ban" Phelps. I'm sure there are plenty of USMS members with DUIs. Have any of them been denied membership based on that? USMS isn't giving any swimmers stipends to represent the organization (as far as I know!). If NBA & NFL did this Ever heard of Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice, among others?
  • Michael is paid to represent USAS and various companies. If they don't want to be represented by someone willing to drive drunk, that is commendable. Michael seems to be readily accepting his consequences - which is about all he can do at this point. Yes, I think that's the crux of it. It would seem pretty lame for USMS to "ban" Phelps. I'm sure there are plenty of USMS members with DUIs. Have any of them been denied membership based on that? USMS isn't giving any swimmers stipends to represent the organization (as far as I know!). If NBA & NFL did this Ever heard of Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice, among others?
Children
No Data