Phelps comeback confirmed

Former Member
Former Member
Phelps is planning on swimming at the mesa grand prix in 2 weeks: swimswam.com/.../ Speculation he is swimming 50 and 100s.
Parents
  • Everything correct, but there's one thing I cannot understand yet: How USA Swimming ban is related to driving law offense? If he was professional driver and he was banned to do his job that would be clear. If a surgeon got drunk in the hospital and as a penalty lost his license - that's absolutely clear, he's putting at risk patients. I would understand if they canceled Michael's driving license, charged him to pay fine or even put him into prison in case if someone suffered because of the accident - that would be absolutely fair penalty aiming the problem. IMO the penalty should be related to the crime and it should bring some sort of correction to the situation. Do you really believe that banning someone from doing his job which has nothing in common with the crime is a good way to correct that person? I consider it's the best way to put the cross on that guy.... just imagine for a moment yourself being that person.
  • Everything correct, but there's one thing I cannot understand yet: How USA Swimming ban is related to driving law offense? If he was professional driver and he was banned to do his job that would be clear. If a surgeon got drunk in the hospital and as a penalty lost his license - that's absolutely clear, he's putting at risk patients. I would understand if they canceled Michael's driving license, charged him to pay fine or even put him into prison in case if someone suffered because of the accident - that would be absolutely fair penalty aiming the problem. IMO the penalty should be related to the crime and it should bring some sort of correction to the situation. Do you really believe that banning someone from doing his job which has nothing in common with the crime is a good way to correct that person? I consider it's the best way to put the cross on that guy.... just imagine for a moment yourself being that person.
Children
No Data