Phelps comeback confirmed

Former Member
Former Member
Phelps is planning on swimming at the mesa grand prix in 2 weeks: swimswam.com/.../ Speculation he is swimming 50 and 100s.
Parents
  • Armstrong's ego is out of control, and yes, he was an awful bully. But he didn't put his teammates or anyone else at risk. Believe me, as someone who's followed the cycling circuit for years, Armstrong didn't have to bully anyone into cheating. They didn't do it because he told them to, no matter what they might say in interviews. Doping has been a persistent scandal at every level of the sport, and Armstrong's behavior is not unusual for any of the cyclists who compete in the Tour de France. Phelps did put the lives of innocent people at risk, and he knew he did, and it wasn't the first time so I don't think it's a fair comparison. A lot of elite athletes have huge egos. It's a component of their personality that enables them to hit the elite ranks. Like politicians. Driving drunk is in a separate category altogether. No excuse.
  • Armstrong's ego is out of control, and yes, he was an awful bully. But he didn't put his teammates or anyone else at risk. Believe me, as someone who's followed the cycling circuit for years, Armstrong didn't have to bully anyone into cheating. They didn't do it because he told them to, no matter what they might say in interviews. Doping has been a persistent scandal at every level of the sport, and Armstrong's behavior is not unusual for any of the cyclists who compete in the Tour de France. Phelps did put the lives of innocent people at risk, and he knew he did, and it wasn't the first time so I don't think it's a fair comparison. A lot of elite athletes have huge egos. It's a component of their personality that enables them to hit the elite ranks. Like politicians. Driving drunk is in a separate category altogether. No excuse.
Children
No Data