Phelps comeback confirmed

Former Member
Former Member
Phelps is planning on swimming at the mesa grand prix in 2 weeks: swimswam.com/.../ Speculation he is swimming 50 and 100s.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    It would put USMS in the position of undermining the sanction issued by USAS. What, we support drunk driving? Obviously, I don't speak for USMS, but I'd give that about a negative 12,000% chance of happening. MP can cool his jets for six months, and for the sake of simple human decency, as well as of the entire sport, we can thank our lucky stars there wasn't someone else coming the other way in that tunnel. Judd, The difference between Phelps and Armstrong suspension involves group doing the suspension. WADA suspended Armstrong for performance enhancing drugs. All governing bodies that follow wada rules are required to go along with the suspensions handed out. FINA follows wada recommendations, so USMS had to as well. Phelps was suspended for a DUI. He wasn't suspended by WADA for drugs. USMS could allow him to compete since the organization isn't governed by USA swimming. I doubt he would enter a usms meet though.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    It would put USMS in the position of undermining the sanction issued by USAS. What, we support drunk driving? Obviously, I don't speak for USMS, but I'd give that about a negative 12,000% chance of happening. MP can cool his jets for six months, and for the sake of simple human decency, as well as of the entire sport, we can thank our lucky stars there wasn't someone else coming the other way in that tunnel. Judd, The difference between Phelps and Armstrong suspension involves group doing the suspension. WADA suspended Armstrong for performance enhancing drugs. All governing bodies that follow wada rules are required to go along with the suspensions handed out. FINA follows wada recommendations, so USMS had to as well. Phelps was suspended for a DUI. He wasn't suspended by WADA for drugs. USMS could allow him to compete since the organization isn't governed by USA swimming. I doubt he would enter a usms meet though.
Children
No Data