Phelps comeback confirmed

Former Member
Former Member
Phelps is planning on swimming at the mesa grand prix in 2 weeks: swimswam.com/.../ Speculation he is swimming 50 and 100s.
Parents
  • Hello, everyone. With regards to my appearance on CBS This Morning, I was not misquoted. Perhaps my point was not clearly made, but I intended to point out that USA Swimming's actions against Michael Phelps would be setting a precedent. In at least the past 20 years, no one has been kicked off an international team for such an offense. So, I not only thought removing Phelps from the world team would take out one of the top swimmers in the world and hurt medal chances, but it would send a very strong statement. I wasn't sure USA Swimming was prepared to set that precedent, but it appears they were.
  • Hello, everyone. With regards to my appearance on CBS This Morning, I was not misquoted. Perhaps my point was not clearly made, but I intended to point out that USA Swimming's actions against Michael Phelps would be setting a precedent. In at least the past 20 years, no one has been kicked off an international team for such an offense. So, I not only thought removing Phelps from the world team would take out one of the top swimmers in the world and hurt medal chances, but it would send a very strong statement. I wasn't sure USA Swimming was prepared to set that precedent, but it appears they were.
Children
No Data