Phelps comeback confirmed

Former Member
Former Member
Phelps is planning on swimming at the mesa grand prix in 2 weeks: swimswam.com/.../ Speculation he is swimming 50 and 100s.
Parents
  • At 31 Phelps is past his prime, especially when you look at the events he excels at. A lot of miles on his body at 31, so I am predicting a very selective Olympic program for Phelps. I personally think he will swim the 200Fly, 200IM, 200Free and depending on schedule perhaps the 100fly. Another reason to discount the 538 piece. The author seemed to think he would have another go at the 400IM. Certainly the convention wisdom here as well as Michael's own statements suggest it highly unlikely that he will try it.
  • At 31 Phelps is past his prime, especially when you look at the events he excels at. A lot of miles on his body at 31, so I am predicting a very selective Olympic program for Phelps. I personally think he will swim the 200Fly, 200IM, 200Free and depending on schedule perhaps the 100fly. Another reason to discount the 538 piece. The author seemed to think he would have another go at the 400IM. Certainly the convention wisdom here as well as Michael's own statements suggest it highly unlikely that he will try it.
Children
No Data