Phelps comeback confirmed

Former Member
Former Member
Phelps is planning on swimming at the mesa grand prix in 2 weeks: swimswam.com/.../ Speculation he is swimming 50 and 100s.
Parents
  • ... I just don't think his analysis is done well. I've gotta agree with pwb's points on this one. Another problem with the interpretation, in many cases the graphs show that swimmers actually get faster with age, just at a decreasing rate. Note that the change is 's just that the drops in time are smaller with advancing age. Even when the swimmers were slower, the change is often so small that it would appear to be lost in the statistical noise. Furthermore, once you discard the older data (which is pretty meaningless for reasons that pwb noted) several of the remaining data points are skewed by the suit effect.
  • ... I just don't think his analysis is done well. I've gotta agree with pwb's points on this one. Another problem with the interpretation, in many cases the graphs show that swimmers actually get faster with age, just at a decreasing rate. Note that the change is 's just that the drops in time are smaller with advancing age. Even when the swimmers were slower, the change is often so small that it would appear to be lost in the statistical noise. Furthermore, once you discard the older data (which is pretty meaningless for reasons that pwb noted) several of the remaining data points are skewed by the suit effect.
Children
No Data