Phelps comeback confirmed

Former Member
Former Member
Phelps is planning on swimming at the mesa grand prix in 2 weeks: swimswam.com/.../ Speculation he is swimming 50 and 100s.
Parents
  • I think you mean "what he'll try to make the U.S. Olympic team in." It's not going to be as easy a road for him as it was in the past. I honestly feel that he will get through trials and qualify for the olympic team in every event he swims. Personally I still believe that even at 31 (2016) Phelps is still the most physically gifted swimmer in the world. The question I have with a 31 year old Phelps is whether he still has the motivation and the desire to win. I believe the olympics will be a challenge for him this time around. Then again, I think Bowman will put a program in place that will give him the best opportunity to medal at the olympics.
  • I think you mean "what he'll try to make the U.S. Olympic team in." It's not going to be as easy a road for him as it was in the past. I honestly feel that he will get through trials and qualify for the olympic team in every event he swims. Personally I still believe that even at 31 (2016) Phelps is still the most physically gifted swimmer in the world. The question I have with a 31 year old Phelps is whether he still has the motivation and the desire to win. I believe the olympics will be a challenge for him this time around. Then again, I think Bowman will put a program in place that will give him the best opportunity to medal at the olympics.
Children
No Data