2014 Spring Nationals SWIMMER feature

Hi there, I am looking for some Spring Nationals swimmers who competed as youth interested in sharing their stories about what role they had envisioned swimming playing in their lives post-high school or college compared to what really developed. It is okay if you took a break and came back...I think we will get a variety of interesting stories here that will make for a fun-to-read Spring Nationals feature :). If you would like to participate, please leave a brief note on this thread AND send me an email (susan@corazondeloro.com) with a short paragraph or two with comments on the above topic and info on how and when you can be reached. Thank you for your interest! Cheers, Susan Dawson-Cook
  • I went to a fairly high stress,academically competitive University and swimming was one of the ways I kept my sanity(such as it is.) I kept swimming as often as possible while in medical school and residency and again it was important for maintaining my stability and well being.Swimming is just part of my life,an integral part of my existence.A friend we hadn't seen in a few years asked my wife"is Allen still swimming?"and she replied "yes,he's still breathing."
  • I went to a fairly high stress,academically competitive University and swimming was one of the ways I kept my sanity(such as it is.) I went to the same university, although not at the same time. Swimming was very important to me as a teen but I never really considered continuing it in college. I picked it up again in my late 20s and am really glad I did.
  • Okay, last chance for people to volunteer for this. Next week I'm going to start tracking people down. :)
  • As a college walk on with no $$$$ to help, swimming cuz I like to swim & build self- confidence was my sole reason.
  • I would like to talk to all of you. I got emails from Allen and ourswimmer and sent you interview requests. Orca, if you email susan@corazondeloro.com with some times you're available for a phone chat next week, I'll add you to my list. :)